The Great Escape: Ladakh (Srinagar-Ladakh 7N/8D)
Travelling through high passes, serene lakes, ancient monasteries, listening to tranquil sound of chants, feeling the chill in the air and
smile on your face these are some of the experiences we promise you on a road trip you will remember for the rest of your life. Come
& experience a visual delight for your soul and body as we lazily ride through long and winding roads. Come and get Leh’d with us on
a journey across cultures so diverse and land so different.
Srinagar, Sonmarg, Kargil, Leh, Hunder, Nubra Valley, Turtuk, Pangong.
After months of preparation and years of planning time has arrived to go on trip of lifetime. Arrive at Srinagar Airport and around 12:00 noon. we will transfer you to Sonamarg. Enjoy the majestic beauty of
Sonamarg. Our Team will meet you in the evening so that we get to know each other and group formation and rules for the trip will be explained.
The time arrives to answer the call of the mountains and with Dug Dug Dug...sound of our pipes we are off for the epic road trip. Today will be the 1st day when we will start riding on the famous Srinagar-Leh
highway, every riders dream. Enroute we will be passing the mighty Zozi La which on any given day will test your riding skills. Pay homage to the valor of Indian army at Kargil War Memorial at Drass.
Overnight stayat Hotel in Kargil.
Get up and ride to Leh today. By today nomads must be feeling the high of the Himalayas. Lazily riding through the winding roads our caravan will witness many wonders of Srinagar-Leh Highway today. En route Srinagar-Leh highway seek blessing of Guru Nanak Dev at Gurudwara Pathar Sahib , find the illusion of magnetic hill for yourself, witness the confluence of Indus and Zanskar . Also check moonlike landscape at moonland near Lamayuru Monastery. Also Huge statue of Buddha on
rock at Mulbekh monastery.
Finally the day has arrived to ride to one of the highest motor able road in the world. Yes the time has come to live the dream and nomads are at Khardung La (18380ft). Caravan moves ahead to what lies beyond and will reach nubra valley, another spectacle of nature. Desert, mountains, river all at same place and this is what makes nubra valley so special. Nomads can get face to face with Bactrian camels, friends of the earliest nomads. We will seek the blessing of Maitreya Buddha (100ft High) at Diskit Gompa the oldest & largest gompa in Nubra valley.
Wake up and travel to Turtuk village. Turtuk is located on the banks of Shyok River. Turtuk was under Pakistan's control until 1971, after which India gained control of this strategic area. The place is culturally, linguistically and historically different from what you’ve seen till now in your Ladakh trip as it falls under the Gilgit-Baltistan region. Even the landscape is different with dramatic narrow valleys and steep mountains, unlike Central Ladakh and Nubra. Comparatively, situated at a lower altitude than Leh, you’ll see green pastures here that yield fresh produce like apricots and apples. Return to Diskit/Hunder by evening.
Nomadic caravan will start its journey to Pangong Tso one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Today we will ride on the most remote route of the trip. With various water crossings, riding on dry riverbeds, smooth tarmac and roads which are virtually non- existent it is going to be one epic riding day. All our tiredness will go away on the view of majestic Pangong Tso. Camping beside the lake with only basic necessities will be a life time experience.
Experiencing sun rise at Pangong Tso will be moment of awe for the nomads. After having our breakfast we will bid adieu to this majestic lake and start our journey back to Leh base camp via Changla Pass (17688 ft.).
Nomads will bid its final "Julley" to the Land of Lamas and travel to their further Destinations. Its time for final chat with the fellow nomads and bid adieu to this trip. Saying goodbye is always hard but we promise we will meet back for more such journeys. And living in your memories for life.
Note: We only provide a brief itinerary of the trip along with major halt points of the trip. All the detailed activities are told once guest arrive at the destination in order to build the excitement factor.
- Meal Plan MAP ( 7 Breakfast and 7Dinners ).
- Accommodation on Triple Sharing Basis. Double sharing only for couples.
- We may not be able to accommodate everyone in same hotel or campsite due to limited availability.
- RoyalEnfield Himalayan on Rent with fuel.
- Experienced Road Captain.
- Experienced Mechanic.
- First Aid support with portable oxygen cylinders.
- Support Vehicle for luggage. (No suitcase or trolleys, only 1 rucksack/backpack per person). If someone brings suitcase or trolley INR:500/Day extra needs to be paid.
- All Inner Line Permits.
- Transfer from Srinagar Airport to Sonamarg.
- GST as applicable.
- Personal Beverages of any kind.
- All meals not mentioned in inclusion section.
- Personal Expenses of any kind.
- Monuments Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Camera Charges.
- Security Deposit (Refundable) of Rs.10, 000/- per bike for rented bikes.
- Extensions of the tour program or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. Due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamity or due to any social or political situation/unrest/strikes, sudden rule changes or shut down of Govt. offices,etc.
- Any additional expenses incurred due to the same would be borne by the participants.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion list
- Rented Bike with fuel: 43999/- INR
- Double Sharing Rented Bike with Fuel: 34999/- INR (Per Person)
- Abide by the instructions given by the team leader.
- Do not encourage or take part in littering the vicinity in any form.
- Avoid roaming during the nights without the consent of the tour leaders/facilitators.
- Do not disturb the local environment or life in any form.
- All sightseeing is subject to weather conditions, political conditions in the destination.
Things to Carry
- Good quality shoes and slippers (for the night).
- Sunscreen lotion or skin moisturizers.
- Insect repellents
- Caps/hats, goggles/sunglasses
- Basic medication (if any)
- Good Quality Jacket or any other woolen cloth.
- Valid Driving Wheeler License.
- ID proof.
- Photocopies of ID proof.
- Passport Size Photographs.
- Riding Gear Including Riding gloves, Helmet, Jacket for Motorcycle Clients.
- Pay Booking amount of INR 10,000 as advance.
- Pay remaining amount 30 days before commencement of tour.
- Cancellations made before 45 days prior to the trip will result in 70% refund.
- Cancellations made between 30-45 days prior to the trip will result in 50%refund.
- Cancellations made 30 days before the trip date will receive no refund.