Esscence of Spiti (6N-7D Manali-Spiti-Manali)
Nobody describes the Spiti Valley better than Rudyard Kipling when he says, “Surely the Gods must live here, this is no place for men.”
Spiti Valley also known as The Middle Land is Ladakh’s lesser-known and more remote neighbor. Spiti valley is home to remotest, highest and few of most beautiful villages settled in lap of Trans Himalayas. Here you will find least densely populated villages to 1000-year-old monasteries, culture and cuisine so different from rest of India. Spiti valley is also home to turquoise colored rivers to some of the most beautiful High altitude lakes. This is a world, which has the harshest of winters, but home to warmest of people.
Travelling through high passes, serene lakes, ancient monasteries, listening to tranquil sound of chants, feeling the chill in the air and smile on your face these are some of the experiences we promise you on a road trip you will remember for the rest of your life. Come & experience a visual delight for your soul and body as we lazily ride through long and winding roads. Come and get Spitified with us on a journey across cultures so diverse and land so different.
Manali, Kaza, Langza, Komic, Kibber, Key, Dhankar, Tabo, Mud, Losar, Chandratal
After months of preparation and years of planning time has arrived to go on trip of lifetime. Arrive in Manali one of the most beautiful hill station in North India and a gateway for trekking, skiing, backpacking. Unpack and soak in this beauty of this hustling and bustling hill station. Our Team will meet you in the evening so that we get to know each other and rules for the trip will be explained.
The time arrives to answer the call of the mountains and with that we start our journey to Mighty Rohtang Pass. After spending sometime at Rohtang Pass we gradually descend to tiny settlements of Gramphu, Chattru and Batal.All along we will witness the vast valleys. From here we start ascend to Kunzum La and feel the chill there. The jumpy ride with non-existent road which started from Gramphoo will end in Losar the 1st village of Spiti valley. We continue our journey through this magical landscape and reach Kaza in the evening. Unpack and sleep tight at Kaza hotel.
Start early as today will be driving through some of the highest and most beautiful villages of the world. We start our day by visiting the majestic Key monastery. Today’s journey will take you to highest inhabited village of Asia to highest post office in world, to a village which is connected to mainstream village by 100 mts wide rope way, to a village where you will find fossils everywhere. This is going to be an adventure filled day where we will be driving in absolute wild terrain moving from village to village finally settling at a home stay in Langza. Staying with a local family in home stay at such a remote place will give you insights about lives of these beautiful people.
Yesterday we drove through some of the most remote villages today we will be visiting some of the most ancient monasteries in the world. Starting our journey from Langza we will reach Dhankar Monastery. Dhankar monastery, claimed to be 1000 years old, is on the cliff of a mountain over-looking the confluence of Pin and Spiti river. Due to the loose soil that is prevalent in cold deserts, Dhankar monastery is an endangered site. We will do a short hike to Dhankar Lake and after spending sometime at lake we will head back. After that we will start our journey to Tabo. Also known as the ‘Ajanta of the Himalayas’, Tabo houses the 1010 year-old Tabo Monastery – which is a UNESCO world heritage site and is famous for its ancient paintings that depict the life of The Buddha, and intricate portraits of gods and demons along with life-size statues of bodhisattvas. We will be staying at Tabo for the night.
Today we will drive to another remote village Mud which is at the start of pin Valley National Park. Mud is last motor able village of Pin Valley. We will be staying at a local home stay. You can roam around the village and check out the beauty of this little village.
Today we will start our journey to Chandratal which is a shining Jewel in Spiti Valley. After passing Kaza, Losar, Kunzum Pass we take diversion to Chandratal. The mystical and beautiful Chandratal Lake, which translates to Moon Lake, is located at a height of 14,100 feet. The Chandra Bhaga mountain range forms a striking backdrop for the lake. This place is photographer’s paradise who can click photographs of the lake which changes color with passing of every hour. Camping at Chandratal with all the basic necessities will be a life time experience.
After waking up in total wilderness and having breakfast we start our journey to Manali via Batal, Chattru, Gramphoo and Rohtang Pass. We will try to reach Manali by afternoon so that you can go for souvenir hunting for your friends and family. We will bid farewell to the Himalayas and travel to further destinations. . It’s time for final chat with the fellow nomads and bid adieu to this trip. Saying goodbye is always hard but we promise we will meet back for more such journeys and living in your memories for life.
Note: We only provide a brief itinerary of the trip along with major halt points of the trip. All the detailed activities are told once guest arrive at the destination in order to build the excitement factor.
- Meal Plan MAP (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Accommodation on Sharing Basis.
- Facilitator Charges.
- Local Travel Guide Charges
- All toll taxes, parking fees and driver’s allowances.
- All Inner Line Permits.
- Welcome Kit.
- Trip Completion Certificate.
- Inclusive of all taxes
- Personal Beverages of any kind.
- All meals not mentioned in inclusion section.
- Personal Expenses of any kind.
- Monuments Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Camera Charges
- Extensions of the tour program or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamity. Any additional expenses incurred due to the same would be borne by the participants.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion list
- Abide by the instructions given by the team leader.
- Do not encourage or take part in littering the vicinity in any form.
- Avoid roaming during the nights without the consent of the tour leaders/facilitators.
- Do not disturb the local environment or life in any form.
- All sightseeing is subject to weather conditions, political conditions in the destination.
Things to Carry
- Good quality shoes and slippers (for the night).
- Sunscreen lotion or skin moisturizers.
- Insect repellents
- Caps/hats, goggles/sunglasses
- Basic medication (if any)
- Good Quality Jacket or any other woolen cloth.
- Valid Driving Wheeler License.
- ID proof.
- Photocopies of ID proof.
- Passport Size Photographs.
- Riding Gear Including Riding gloves, Helmet, Jacket for Motorcycle Clients.
- Pay Booking amount of INR 10,000 as advance.
- Pay remaining amount 30 days before commencement of tour.
- Cancellations made before 45 days prior to the trip will result in 70% refund.
- Cancellations made between 30-45 days prior to the trip will result in 50%refund.
- Cancellations made 30 days before the trip date will receive no refund.