Travelling through high passes, serene lakes, ancient monasteries, listening to tranquil sound of chants, feeling the chill in the air and smile on your face these are some of the experiences we promise you on a road trip you will remember for the rest of your life. Come & experience a visual delight for your soul and body as we lazily ride through long and winding roads. Come and get Leh’d with us on a journey across cultures so diverse and land so different.
Day 1: Srinagar Arrival and transfer to Sonmarg
After months of preparation and years of planning time has arrived to go on trip of lifetime. Arrive at Srinagar Airport and around 2:00 PM we will transfer you to Sonmarg in a tempo traveler. Enjoy the majestic beauty of Sonmarg. Our Team will meet you in the evening so that we get to know each other and group formation and rules for the trip will be explained.
Day 2: Sonmarg - Kargil
The time arrives to answer the call of the mountains and with Dug Dug Dug…sound of our pipes we are off for the epic road trip. Today will be the 1st day when we will start riding on the famous Srinagar-Leh highway, every riders dream. Enroute we will be passing the mighty Zozi La which on any given day will test your riding skills. Pay homage to the valor of Indian army at Kargil War Memorial at Drass. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kargil
Day 3: Kargil - Leh
Get up and ride to Leh today. By today nomads must be feeling the high of the Himalayas. Lazily riding through the winding roads our caravan will witness many wonders of Srinagar-Leh Highway today. En route Srinagar-Leh highway seek blessing of Guru Nanak Dev at Gurudwara Pathar Sahib , find the illusion of magnetic hill for yourself, witness the confluence of Indus and Zanskar . Also check moonlike landscape at moonland near Lamayuru Monastery. Also Huge statue of Buddha on rock at Mulbekh monastery.
Day 4: Leh-Hunder (Nubra Valley)
Finally the day has arrived to ride to the highest motor able road in the world. Yes the time has come to live the dream and nomads are at Khardung La (18380ft). Caravan moves ahead to what lies beyond and will reach nubra valley, another spectacle of nature. Desert, mountains, river all at same place and this is what makes nubra valley so special. Nomads can get face to face with Bactrian camels, friends of the earliest nomads. We will seek the blessing of Maitreya Buddha (100ft High) at Diskit Gompa the oldest & largest gompa in Nubra valley.
Day 5: Hunder-Turtuk-Hunder
Wake up and travel to Turtuk village. Turtuk is located on the banks of Shyok River. Turtuk was under Pakistan's control until 1971, after which India gained control of this strategic area.The place is culturally, linguistically and historically different from what you’ve seen till now in your Ladakh trip as it falls under the Gilgit-Baltistan region. Even the landscape is different with dramatic narrow valleys and steep mountains, unlike Central Ladakh and Nubra. Comparatively, situated at a lower altitude than Leh, you’ll see green pastures here that yield fresh produce like apricots and apples. Return to Diskit/Hunder by evening.
Day 6: Diskit/Hunder-Pangong Tso
Nomadic caravan will start its journey to Pangong Tso one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Today we will ride on the most remote route of the trip. With various water crossings, riding on dry riverbeds, smooth tarmac and roads which are virtually non- existent it is going to be one epic riding day. All our tiredness will go away on the view of majestic Pangong Tso. Camping beside the lake with only basic necessities will be a life time experience.
Day 7: Pangong Tso-Leh
Experiencing sun rise at Pangong Tso will be moment of awe for the nomads. After having our breakfast we will bid adieu to this majestic lake and start our journey back to Leh base camp.
Day 8: Leh-Sarchu
Nomads will bid its final “Julley” to the land of Lama’s and move toward Sarchu the tent city as we call it. En route the caravan will pass through Tangalang La, second highest pass in the world and then passes through More Plains before reaching the tent city Sarchu.
Day 9: Sarchu-Manali
The destination today will be Manali, one of the most beautiful hill station in North India and a gateway for trekking, skiing, backpacking. Today will be rough riding day with lot of water crossings and unpaved roads. Your riding skills will be put to sternest of test today.En route the nomads will ride through Bara Lacha La, Suraj Tal ,Deepak Taal, Zing-Zing Bar, Darcha, Jispa, Keylong, Tandi. We will also be passing through an engineering marvel of our country-Atal Tunnel which is 9.02 kms long and is the longest tunnel above 10000 feet in the world.Back to green as Nomads will once again witness the vegetation on the mountain ranges.
Day 10: Manali and overnight bus journey to Delhi
Nomadic caravan will bid farewell to the Himalayas and travel to their further destinations.It’s time for final chat with the fellow nomads and bid adieu to this trip. Saying goodbye is always hard but we promise we will meet back for more such journeys and living in your memories for life. After breakfast check out from the hotel at 10:00 AM. You can keep your luggage at cloak room. Rest full day you can take local tour of Manali. You will be transferred to Delhi via Volvo Semi sleeper Bus in the night.
Day 11: Delhi Arrival
You will arrive in Delhi by morning. It’s time for final chat with the fellow nomads and bid adieu to this trip .Saying goodbye is always hard but we promise we will meet back for more such journeys and living in your memories for life. After that you can proceed to your hometown with memories of lifetime.
Note: We only provide a brief itinerary of the trip along with major halt points of the trip. All the detailed activities are told once guest arrive at the destination in order to build the excitement factor.
- Rider/Pillion (Self Bike/Car): 21500/- INR
- Rented Bike with fuel: 41999/- INR
- Double Sharing Rented Bike with Fuel: 32999/- INR (Per Person)
- Seat in SUV: 31999/- INR
- Meal Plan MAP (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Accommodation on Sharing Basis.
- Royal Enfield 500cc on Rent with fuel.
- Experienced Road Captain.
- Experienced Mechanic.
- First Aid support with portable oxygen cylinders.
- Support Vehicle for luggage. (No suitcase or trolleys, only 1 rucksack/backpack per person)
- All Inner Line Permits.
- Manali to Delhi Bus ticket in Volvo.
- Transfer from Sonmarg to Srinagar Airport.
- Welcome Kit.
- Bonfire at one of location (subject to weather).
- GST as applicable.
- Personal Beverages of any kind.
- All meals not mentioned in inclusion section.
- Personal Expenses of any kind.
- Monuments Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Camera Charges.
- Security Deposit (Refundable) of Rs.10, 000/- per bike for rented bikes.
- Extensions of the tour program or diversions in the tour itinerary for any reasons eg. Due to bad weather, road closure, breakdown or any natural calamity or due to any social or political situation/unrest/strikes, sudden rule changes or shut down of Govt. offices,etc. Any additional expenses incurred due to the same would be borne by the participants.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion list
- Abide by the instructions given by the team leader.
- Do not encourage or take part in littering the vicinity in any form.
- Avoid roaming during the nights without the consent of the tour leaders/facilitators.
- Do not disturb the local environment or life in any form.
- All sightseeing is subject to weather conditions, political conditions in the destination.
- Good quality shoes and slippers (for the night).
- Sunscreen lotion or skin moisturizers.
- Insect repellents
- Caps/hats, goggles/sunglasses
- Basic medication (if any)
- Good Quality Jacket or any other woolen cloth.
- Valid Driving Wheeler License.
- ID proof.
- Photocopies of ID proof.
- Passport Size Photographs.
- Riding Gear Including Riding gloves, Helmet, Jacket for Motorcycle Clients.
- Pay Booking amount of INR 10,000 as advance.
- Pay remaining amount 30 days before commencement of tour.
- Cancellations made before 45 days prior to the trip will result in 70% refund.
- Cancellations made between 30-45 days prior to the trip will result in 50%refund.
- Cancellations made 30 days before the trip date will receive no refund.
Change or Cancellation by The Thumping Nomad:
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes due to Force Majeure Events and we reserve the right to do so at any time before or during the trip. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date before or during the trip based on the Force Majeure Events. We also reserve the right under Force Majeure Events to cancel your travel arrangements
/ offer alternative dates / revise the itinerary before or during the trip. Any additional cost incurred due to the above mentioned reasons will have to be borne by the traveler himself. There shall be no refund to the traveler under Force Majeure Events.
Force Majeure Event shall mean and include any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of The Thumping Nomad, including without limitation, any act of nature or the public enemy, accident, explosion, fire, storm, earthquake, flood, drought, perils of the sea, casualty, strikes, lock-outs, labour troubles, riots, sabotage, terrorists acts, embargo, war (whether or not declared),Pandemic, Epidemic, governmental actions, delay in issuance or processing of Visa/permit, change of laws and regulations, orders, or decrees, or other causes of like or different character etc beyond the control of The Thumping Nomad.
If you want to make changes to your trip plan:
After you make booking by paying full or partial amount, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by the traveler himself.